The DR-100 is one of the most popular and best selling acoustic guitars developed by Epiphone that has truly dazzled their customers by providing them with an amazing user experience at very little cost. The DR-100 Acoustic Guitar has been built to the utmost perfection so as to make sure that there is an ethereal [...]
The DR-100 is one of the most popular and best selling acoustic guitars developed by Epiphone that has truly dazzled their customers by providing them with an amazing user experience at very little cost.
The DR-100 Acoustic Guitar has been built to the utmost perfection so as to make sure that there is an ethereal quality to the sound emanating from it.
The feel of this guitar is instantly comforting as it makes sure that both novice beginners and serious professionals can enjoy something that they love.
Every component has been carefully chosen to enhance every detail, which makes this one an exceptionally good guitar in the acoustic category.
- It has so many real customer reviews.
- Available in Ebony, Natural and Vintage Sunburst colors.
- Editor Ratings: [usr 4.5]
Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic Guitar, Ebony Review #
Size and Weight #
- The Epiphone DR-100 Guitar is 42 inches long and 25.5 inches wide and 5.5 inches thick. These dimensions let you comfortably hold and play the guitar in almost any posture and makes sure you have a great time, every time.
- It weighs a meager 8 pounds that is almost similar to the weight of a laptop or even less! The scale length of the guitar is 25.5 inches and the nut size is 1.69 inches to be precise.
Classic Dreadnought Body #
The body of the guitar is the classic dreadnought that can easily be the most versatile designs among all the other kinds of acoustic guitars. Here is why:-
- One of its biggest advantages of the Dreadnought design is that it is very easy to command which serves all kinds guitarists extremely well.
- The sound of the dreadnought is perfectly balanced that makes it clearly audible to the ones on the other side of the guitar.
- You do not need to worry about restricting yourself to a particular genre on the DR-100 as it can play a variety of genres like rock, country, folk and switch between them effortlessly and let us add that this is not something that you find every day in the acoustic guitars.
Mahogany Neck #
- The body and neck of the guitar is pure mahogany that lends it a strength and durability that every customer expects in their purchases.
- Pure mahogany also bestows a rich woody quality to the tone that sets it apart from the other acoustic guitars which are made of rosewood or plywood.
- Mahogany is particularly great for the neck of the guitar as the endurance that is renders prevents the neck from warping consequently maintaining the sanctity of the music made from this instrument.
- This also ensures that this guitar will stand the test of time and the quality of sound does not deteriorate with every change in season.
Select Spruce Top #
- To make the music even more memorable, the body is finished with a select spruce top that guarantees that finesse to the sound that echoes through this guitar.
And the best part is that it will improve the quality of sound even more with age giving you all the more reason to play this guitar day and night! Not that you need a reason.
- It also comes with a strategically placed Pick guard to keep that polish of the top from being scraped off.
- It even comes with a Truss rod that can be adjusted to remove that bend in the guitar which develops when it is lying around for a long time.
Rosewood Fingerboard #
- The neck of the DR100 is made of mahogany to impart strength and character to the guitar and is glued-in at the 14th fret.
- It also features a slim and tapered fingerboard that ensures that even children can move their hands easily across the frets.
- The neck of a guitar undergoes a lot of strain because of the strings that are stretched across it. The fingerboard of the Epiphone DR-100 is made of rosewood that reinforces the strength in the neck built on a mahogany base. This makes it extra durable and extra reliable.
- For marking the frets, it also has a pearloid dot display that make jumping over frets more like a game.
Sloped Dovewing Headstock #
- Epiphone features their iconic sloped dovewing headstock in this guitar with three tuning pegs on each side.
- This headstock is tilted at 17 degress which makes it far superior to the straight ones as it retains the strength of the joint where the headstock meets the neck. It also increases the pressure on the strings which in turn sustains the vibrations between the nut and the tuners.
- The machine heads are die-cast premium tuners that are made with extreme factory precision. Tuning of the guitar is therefore quick and easy and in addition it will stay on for a long time. So you no longer need to spend the first 20 minutes tuning up that guitar which might be annoying to some people.
D'Addario Brass Strings #
- The strings are the classic D'Addario brass strings with 12, 16, 25, 34, 41, 53 gauge. We know that the material, thickness and durability of the string is really important to hear that perfect tone and pitch. That is why we are extra careful while selecting the string set such that is complements the rest of the guitar.
- The special techniques used by DAddario in the construction of the set ensure that the buzzing or the dead frets are almost inaudible which makes listening to it so much livelier.
- They have also taken care to make the strings soft and polished. This design is especially beneficial to people who have just started their musical journey as we know pressing your fingers on that chord can be really painful.
Ebony and Vintage Sunburst #
- The Epiphone DR-100 acoustic guitar is certainly a killer when it comes to the looks section with Ebony being one of the favorites.
- It is also available in the natural color and the Vintage Sunburst, which is coming up as another favorite among the masses because of the classy rock and roll feel it imbibes in it.
- In case you need to strap it up, they have provided for two buttons on the sides that will take care of it when the need arises.
Why It is Best Acoustic Guitar for You? #
We know what you need in a guitar and believe us when we tell you that this is a catch.
There is no point in spending hundreds of dollars to get your hands on something flashy when you can get a better value for your money with this guitar right here.
It is worth is much more than you spend on it and we have hundreds of customer reviews to back this claim.
It is designed such that even if you are have just started learning, it will bring out the best in you. You can play it in the house or take it along with you to camping, vacations, gigs or even those impromptu sing-alongs and let the DR-100 do its magic.
The DR-100 acoustic guitar is certainly the best in this price range and the company provides a limited lifetime guarantee to prove our point.
There is also the Epiphone customer service that will be happy to respond to whatever queries that you have, whenever you have them.
FINAL WORDS... #
Epiphone has a century of experience in guitar making and they have only got better with time.
If you don't have a guitar and are looking for one, we have just made the choices for you a whole lot easier and if you already have one, well, with such specifications and credibility factors kicking in, you might just start to consider buying another one.
After all, there is no such thing as too many guitars. It would be the perfect choice for you. There are so many beginners who loved this guitar when they played it.
So you should must give it a try. 😀